Computing Internship - CSIRO Data61 (Project 1)
This position is offered through the ANU Computing Internship
CSIRO’s Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of Australia’s national science agency. We are home to one of the largest collections of research and development expertise in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data science in the world, and host cutting-edge facilities including the Mixed Reality Lab, Robotics Innovation Centre and AI4Cyber Enclave.
Our research expertise includes AI, robotics, cybersecurity, modelling and analytics.
There are 5 projects available.
Project 1 : Gesture Recognition for Augmented Reality glasses from external data sources
Mid-air gestures are becoming popular in immersive computing applications. This project aims to develop a mid-air gesture recognition application. The Intern will work on developing a hand gesture recognition model compatible with holographic computing applications which will be trained using remotely located (in cloud) hand gestures datasets, aiming real-time gesture recognition.
Required/preferred technical skills
The project will most likely involve the Unity graphics engine and Mixed Reality Tool Kit (MRTK) for this development. Applied Machine Learning knowledge would be an advantage when taking up this project.
Required/preferred professional and other skills
Project can be undertaken in-person or remote
Only students located within Australia
Intern Requires ID check etc. for CSIRO on-boarding
How to apply
Applications are invited from eligible students to apply for the Computing Internship courses COMP3280 or COMP8830. Eligibility details and further information about the Computing Internship can be found on the Computing Internship page.
1. Students must first seek confirmation of eligibility by submitting an Eligibility and Room Available in degree check.
2. Eligible students can then apply through the Computing Internship application form. You can nominate multiple preferred Internship placements through the one application form.
3. Your application will require you to upload the following documents:
- an updated copy of your Resume, and
- an Expression of Interest (limit 350 words) for each organisation you wish to apply to (for organisations with multiple projects only submit one Expression of Interest but state clearly which project/s you wish to be considered for).
Applications open on 29 October and close on 7 November 2021.