CECS Support Services
CECS Student Services are here to provide support to students throughout the life of their degree on everything including:
- enrolment and academic advice
- understanding university procedures
- exams and results; and
- ensuring you are on track to graduate.
If you have any questions please come and see the friendly staff in CECS Student Services, we would love to meet you and help you through your journey at ANU.
For Covid-19 related support, please visit: ANU COVID-19 advice
Student health, safety & wellbeing
At ANU, we recognise that a healthy university supports student success. Here you will find a number of initiatives, programs and resources that will support your physical, social, spiritual and mental health to help you to maintain a healthy lifestyle during your studies.
- Academic Skills and Learning Centre - Whether you are a first year student, a PhD student or somewhere in between, you need to make your own decisions about how you learn and manage your workload. Here you will find people and information to help you do this effectively.
- ANU Health Service - For medical assistance
- ANU Counselling Centre - Free and confidential counselling service for students
- ANU Careers Centre
- ANU Access & Inclusion - Assist students who have a disability, medical condition or who are recognised primary carers of a person with a disability to participate fully in their program of study by providing advice, supports and adjustments that minimise the impact of disability in education.
- Health, safety & wellbeing - Explore further important information on how to stay safe and secure on campus.
There are over 150 ANU clubs and societies; with sports, cultural activity, and social communities ready and waiting for you. This includes:
- ANUSA - Australian National University Student Association
- PARSA - ANU Postgraduate and Research Student Association
- Computer Science Student Association
- Engineering Student Association
- Engineers Without Borders
- Robogals Canberra
- ANU Rocketry
- ANU Solar Car Racing team
- ANU Formula Sport team
- and more!
First year students
Set4ANU program - SET4ANU is a free orientation program designed to assist new students make the transition to life at ANU. Students who sign up for the program are assigned a later year student volunteer (called Orientation Leaders) who will help ease you into your first few weeks of life at ANU.
Fifty50 First Year Mentoring Program - The Fifty50 First Year Mentoring Program aims to support first year students studying STEM degrees by providing mentorship, assistance and networking opportunities. Upon joining the program, you will be paired with a like-minded later-year mentor who will be able to share their university experiences with you and provide you with support and advice so that you can get the most out of your studies. As well meetings with your mentor, the program includes a number of events and support through our new online mentoring platform. Fifty50’s goal is to foster an equitable culture in STEM at the ANU that is inclusive of all students, regardless of gender. Check out the Fifty50 Facebook page to sign up and find out more!
Residential and campus communities - ANU offers a broad range of accommodation choices for students, within a diverse and vibrant community.