Analysing Data Science Conversations in Twitter
Twitter has long been considered one of the main hubs for developers, who take the conversation further. Sometimes they seek for collaborators, other times thye complain about bugs and issues, or seek solutions among their peers. In this project, you'll be mining tweets with specific hashtags used by communities of different programming languages (meant for data science), and analuse the text using different natural-language processing techniques. The main goal is to uncover developers' challenges, determine what type of discussions are held, and how the community has evolved over time.
Note: This project is open and recruiting students.
- Programming knowledge, preferably either Python or R. Other languages are welcome but not needed.
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn quickly) about using APIs to download data.
- Demonstrated academic writing skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Empirical Software Engineering
- Scientific Software / Data Science Software
- Technical Debt / Smells
- Mining Software Repositories
- Mixed Methods, Developers Surveys