We are looking for a highly motivated student, who will work on the next generation of models and methods for phylogenetic analysis in the genomic era. There are a large number of potential directions that the research could take, and the details will depend on your interests and experience. Potential directions include: developing efficient algorithms for tree search; new approaches to phylogenetic model selection; co-estimating multiple trees. The student will implement new models and methods in the widely used IQ-TREE software (http://www.iqtree.org). See our lab web site https://bqminh.github.io for further information on our research.
- Masters or Honours degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in C++ Programming.
- IQ-TREE: A Fast and Effective Stochastic Algorithm for Estimating Maximum-Likelihood Phylogenies
L. Nguyen, H.A. Schmidt, A. von Haeseler, B.Q. Minh
Molecular Biology and Evolution (2015) 32:268-274. Full text
- ModelFinder: Fast model selection for accurate phylogenetic estimates
S. Kalyaanamoorthy, B.Q. Minh*A. von Haeseler, L.S. Jermiin
- Ultrafast Approximation for Phylogenetic Bootstrap
B.Q. Minh, M.A.T. Nguyen, A. von Haeseler
Molecular Biology and Evolution (2013) 30:1188-1195. Full text
- Molecular Evolution