A/Prof. Qing Wang
Dr Qing Wang is an Associate Professor at the Australian National University (ANU). She joined ANU in April 2012, and leads the Database Group at the School of Computing. Prior to this, She was an Information Systems Analyst at the PBRF team, Deputy Vice Chancellor's Office (Research), University of Otago, New Zealand. Dr Wang has more than a decade of industry experience in China and New Zealand in the areas of databases, data management, and analysis.
Dr Qing Wang received her PhD (Dr.rer.nat.) in Computer Science (Summa Cum Laude) from Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel, Germany, in 2010. Before that, she received a Master of Information Systems (First Class Honours) from Massey University, New Zealand, a Master of Economics from Jinan University and a Bachelor of Engineering from South China University of Technology, China.
Fellowships, grants & awards
Dr Qing Wang is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) since December 2015 and obtained ANU Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence in 2015. She received the Best Paper Award at the 33rd International Conference on Conceptual Modeling in 2014, and the Best Paper Award at the IEEE Asia-Pacific Services Computing Conference in 2009.
She is a chief investigator in the Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project "Deep Learning for Graph Isomorphism" together with Professor Brendan McKay, 2021-2023, a chief investigator in the Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project: "Creating the social genome: Advanced techniques for linking dynamic data" together with Professor Peter Christen and Professor Erhard Rahm, 2016-2018, and a co-investigator in the project "Advancing data integration: Privacy and semantics for record linkage" funded under the 2015-2016 Australia-Germany Joint Research Cooperation Scheme.
She has won Excellence Grant by the Governor of Upper-Austria, Austria, 2013, an Endeavour Research Fellowship Award, Australia, 2012 (declined), Research Grant for Doctoral Candidates and Young Scientists and Academics, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Germany, 2010, Bright Futures Top Achiever Doctoral Scholarship, Tertiary Education Commission, New Zealand, 2006-2009, Todd Foundation Award for Excellence, New Zealand, 2005.
My research focuses on developing new techniques, algorithms and tools for managing data in a complex and dynamic world. Nowadays, the challenges of data management are ubiquitous. Government sectors, industry companies and research communities all face various difficulties in managing data, e.g., how to guarantee quality, how to improve efficiency for large-scale data processing, and how to discover useful knowledge from imperfect data. My research activities are centered around tackling these challenges using both traditional database methods, as well as emerging techniques in data mining and machine learning.
Areas of research
Graph algorithms; Graph anlytics; Database; Data mining; Deep learning.
- Visit my webpage: http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~u5170295/
- Visit our Graph Reseach Lab: https://graphlabanu.github.io/website/
Masooma Iftikhar »
Fangbing Liu »
Asiri Wijesinghe »
Ghodai Zaki »
Past and current duties
- Director Higher Degree Research (HDR) at the College of Engineering and Computer Science, July 2021 - June 2022
- Associate Director (Education Partnerships) at the School of Computing (formerly the Research School of Computer Science), April 2018 - June 2021
- Student experience convener for postgraduate coursework students at the School of Computing, October 2015 - March 2018
- Program convenor for Graduate Certificate of Data Engineering, June 2020 - December 2021
- Program convener for Bachelor of Applied Data Analytics, January 2016 - December 2017
- Program convener for Master of Applied Data Analytics, July 2016 - December 2016
- Course convener for COMP7240 Introduction to Database Concepts, 2017 - 2021
- Course convener for COMP2400/COMP6240 Relational Databases, 2012 - 2016
- Coordinating the Computer Science Internship programs at ANU, June 2018 - December 2018
- Leading the DataAnalytics-Bench project at ANU, June 2017 - June 2019
|COMP7240||Introduction to Database Conce...||18, 19||Summer|