Building Computational Model for Emphatic Avatars/Robots
- Familiarising with the process to conduct a systematic review.
- Exploring machine learning and statistical methods to build a predictive model.
- Desiging a computational model for measuring robotic empathy.
Interesting Reading: Empathy is Key: Ensuring students remain engaged in a hybrid teaching environment, CLT (Centre for Learning and Teaching) Newsletter, ANU, July 2020.
- A Paiva, I Leite, H Boukricha, and I Wachsmuth (2017). Empathy in Virtual Agents and Robots: A Survey. Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 7(3):1-40.
- I Leite, G Castellano, A Pereira, C Martinho, and A Paiva (2014). Empathic Robots for Long-term Interaction. International Journal of Social Robotics, 6(3):329-341.
- M Ochs, D Sadek, and C Pelachaud (2012). A Formal Model of Emotions for An Emphatic Rational Dialog Agent. Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, 24(3):410-440.
- B Xiao, ZE Imel, P Georgiou, DC Atkins, and SS Narayanan (2016). Computational Analysis and Simulation of Empathic Behaviors: A Survey of Empathy Modeling with Behavioral Signal Processing Framework. Current Psychiatry Reports, 18(5):1-18.