Congratulations class of 2021: you did it!
Graduating from university is a huge achievement, and an important milestone to mark. Many of you will graduate into a very different world than when you started your studies. As you move closer to the next chapter in your lives, you should feel incredibly proud of your achievements.
The skills that you have learned during your time at ANU will form a solid foundation for future challenges. As a graduate of Australia’s top university, you are part of a diverse community from across the globe.
From all of the researchers, educators, professional staff, and fellow students here at the College, we wish you good luck.
Due to the uncertainty in our region affecting travel to and from the ACT, the University has taken the decision to cancel Conferring of Awards ceremonies scheduled for Friday 16 July, 2021. So, we’re inviting all graduating students from the class of 2021 to collect their ‘Graduation Etta’ and join in the online celebrations.
Show us how you spend Graduation Day for your chance to win
Let’s come together and create something great to remember our time together at ANU. The College will be celebrating with a crowdsourced graduation day video starring YOU: our July 2021 CECS graduates. WATCH: College Dean Elanor Huntington invites you to share your graduation day (YouTube)
Let us know what you’re doing to celebrate your graduation this July. Did you wear a hat and gown, a suit and tie, swimwear? Do you have a message for your fellow graduates?
Send us a photo or video of your graduation day for the chance to win a $100 or $500 Visa gift card (T&Cs apply).
How to enter
Best photo/video prizes will be awarded in the form of 5 x $100 Visa gift cards for individuals, and 1 x $500 Visa gift card for a group (virtual or in-person).
Update: we’ve added two new categories to increase participation. Possible themes for your photos or videos include:
- “how I am celebrating graduation”
- “how I am not celebrating graduation”
- “a message to my fellow graduates”
- “look out world, here we come”
- “image that encapsulates CECS”.
Plus two new categories:
- “shows the least effort”
- “mostly in focus”.
To take part:
- email a photo and/or video to email@example.com by midnight (AEST) Sunday 1 August 2021, or
- share a photo and/or video on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook using #ANUalumni and @anucecs by Sunday 1 August 2021
We’ll use your contributions to create a memorable highlights video to commemorate your graduating class.
See full competition Terms and Conditions
- ‘The College’ refers to The Australian National University College of Engineering and Computer Science (ABN: 52 234 063 906).
- Entry to the competition is available via social media, by tagging the College (@anucecs) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, OR by emailing an image or video to firstname.lastname@example.org. If participating via social media, it is the entrants’ responsibility to check the post privacy or permission settings to allow judges to view.
- Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to students from the College who are graduating in the July 2021 Conferring of Awards.
- There is no entry fee for the competition.
- There are (6) prizes available for the best entries:
- There are five (5) $100 Visa gift cards, and one (1) $500 Visa gift cards.
- The gift card will be purchased by the College and delivered to the winning entrant via their nominated email or postage address.
- All prize values are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- The College reserves the right to modify or remove any prizes if required, or not to award a prize.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Prize Winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not transferable to another person or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed as cash.
- The entrant will be solely responsible for any costs or taxes incurred as part of the competition, or claiming of the prize, including but not limited to any taxes.
- By entering the competition, you declare that the submitted work is entirely your own.
- The College reserves the right to withdraw applications at any stage for any reason determined appropriate.
- The College reserves the right to extend or modify the closing date.
- Submissions will be marked by a panel of judges chosen by the College. Entries will be marked based on their creativity, innovation, and alignment with the possible themes suggested for content submissions.
- The College reserves the right to determine the final outcome of the competition, and to name and order winners and prizes.
- By entering the competition, the entrant gives permission for the College to use the entrant’s name, likeness, and entry for promotional purposes, and other purposes deemed appropriate. This includes using entries in a highlights video for the graduating class of 2021.
- Participants agree the College and sponsoring entities are not liable for any damages or losses arising from the competition.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- The College reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the College, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the College, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the College. The College reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the College becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- The College accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the completion of tasks due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The College decision is final and will not enter into correspondence regarding the result or winning entries.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the College’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the College may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The College reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
Let’s get your graduation celebration started! ———————————————-
Virtual graduation party pack
Are you ready to celebrate your graduation, no matter where you are? The ANU class of 2021: virtual graduation party pack has everything you need to make it a memorable day. Just download and get ready to party! Featuring a Spotify playlist selected by ANU alumni, Zoom backgrounds, a DIY mortarboard, and decorations - so you can have your own virtual graduation wherever you are.
Book a duck
The ANU alumni team will be on hand on Thursday 15 and Friday 16 July to celebrate your achievements and provide you with a coveted “Graduation Etta”. Our College representatives will also be there to hand out build-your-own-CECS-robot templates and take your photo for our graduation day competition. Register to book a time to receive your duck.
Use our Instagram GIFs and face filter
Sharing your moment on Instagram? Search #ANUalumni in the GIFs section on Instagram Stories to add one of our College or ANU stickers of mortarboard-wearing face filter.
Don’t forget to tag @anucecs and @anualumni on social media, and use the hashtag #ANUalumni.
Stay connected with the class of 2021 and alumni community ———————————————————-
Your relationship with the College and University continues after graduation. You will always be welcome as part of our community, as we continue to reimagine engineering, computing, and the use of technology in the world.
To stay in touch, update or confirm your contact details. You’ll get all the latest alumni news, networking updates, event invitations, and career advice. You can also connect with us on social media @anucecs.
If you have any questions or want to find out more about what it means to be a CECS alumni, reach out to our local team at: email@example.com.